- When is the helicorder at LA10-01 going to be fixed?
- What is going on at the collapsed salt cavern at Bayou Corne? The helicorders are all screaming this weekend.
- Why do you allow Nanometrics in Canada to adjust the helicorders at the collapsed salt cavern at Bayou Corne to an unreadable setting?
- When are you giving the public an update about the cap rock at the cavern?
- What are the cavern floor measurements now?
- When are you going to do an aerial video for the public to see the status of the collapsed salt cavern at Bayou Corne?
- What has happened at the Crosstex venue with their construction recently announced?
- Is it wise to allow the storage of huge amounts of butane next to this unstable collapsed salt cavern at Bayou Corne?
- What amount of butane is at the Crosstex facility now? There hasn’t been a press release from them since the middle of this month.
- Why was the headquarters trailer moved and why was the access road to restricted?
- How is DNR and DEQ protecting the aquifer from Bayou Corne caverns’ pollution?
Fluid sloshes dramatically at 4 a.m.. It shows well at LA10-03 and here at LA12. Here’s the view from LA17-02 but 17-01 looks more calm so it isn’t sloshing from some outside event or quake. It is local source …
4 a.m. CST is 9 a.m. GMT (USGS time stamp).
The helicorder listed as being from ‘Temorary’ (town name or temp. ??), Arkansas shows complete mush underground. We don’t know what is going on. Is Lake FUBAR affecting the New Madrid fault zone?
Bayou Corne Sinkhole Expanding; Seismicity Increasing
Natural earthquakes and nuclear explosions produce seismic waves that register on seismic monitoring networks around the globe, allowing the scientific community to pinpoint the location of the events. In order to distinguish seismic waves produced by a variety of activities — from traffic to mining to explosions — scientists study the seismic waves generated by as many types of events as possible. In August 2012, the emergence of a very large sinkhole at the Napoleonville Salt Dome in Louisiana offered University of California, Berkeley scientists the opportunity to detect, locate and analyze a rich sequence of 62 seismic events that occurred one day prior to its discovery. . . (more)
Dutchsinse has more with graphics.
And The Examiner has more – Louisiana sinkhole ‘volcanic eruptions’, ‘explosions’ explained
Originally posted on Assumption Parish Police Jury:
DEQ to move Mobile Command Center out of Bayou Corne for routine maintenance
BATON ROUGE – On Monday, June 30, DEQ will move its Mobile Command Center out of the Bayou Corne area for relocation to DEQ Headquarters in Baton Rouge.
The Mobile Command Center will undergo routine maintenance in preparation for hurricane season. During the tropical storm and hurricane season, the unit is used as a mobile logistical and operational resource in support of DEQ’s emergency response mission.
DEQ environmental scientists will continue to conduct air monitoring, water monitoring and soil testing at Bayou Corne and will continue to work with local, state and federal partners in ensuring for the protection of human health and the environment.
Upon completion of the maintenance, the Mobile Command Center may return to Bayou Corne should the need arise.
For information on Bayou Corne and to view DEQ situation summaries and analytical…
View original 6 more words
It is looking more and more like the idea of the berm roads build project is more about resource extraction (gas) than it is about stopping water pollution from the collapsed salt dome at Bayou Corne, aka Lake FUBAR.
SEE EARLIER POST
Whatever has gone awry at the south end of Lake FUBAR it isn’t settling down. See LA18 in the wee hours. For the past few days Lake FUBAR’s indigestion has had few hours of calm.
The Advocate, Op-Ed – James Gill: Oil and gas owe Louisiana big time
“The royalties they paid were for the right to extract the oil and gas that made them a fortune and that’s all. The companies had permits to drill, not to leave devastation and waste behind them . . . “
3:40 CST -
O.K. – we give up! What’s happening at Lake FUBAR???
CLICK ON IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE
jerks (WordPress) …. trying to keep this news from the public