Ah,. . . if only the Lake FUBAR fix was as efficient and scientific as TEPCO’s response to multiple melt-downs at their Fukushima-Daiichi nuke plant in Japan!
- Hire unskilled workers who don’t know what each other are doing
- Drive real fast by toxic areas they are supposed to measure for toxicity
- Hide information from the public
- Get rid of toxic waste without measuring it for toxicity
- Give out lots of peppy press releases saying everything is fine
- Respond when things get worse by saying “We expected that!”
- Use the cheapest material for temporary fixes to make things “look good”
- Keep photographers away
- Silence workers
- Enlist health authorities to minimize toxicity of air, water and soil
- Claim they have the best brains in the world working on the problem while shutting out the best brains in the world
- Gouge displaced residents of relief money or relocation money
- Encourage the government to hold mega-sports event nearby a big danger zone
ALSO – see comments on this post for some more info on NORM stored at Bayou Corne.