Code 3 exempts berm repair work . . .
Bayou Corne/Grand Bayou Response Activity
Thursday, Jan. 2 work-
Sinkhole Activity Code 3 – indicating no work is allowed directly on sinkhole or within containment berms. Seismic monitoring indicates further increase in levels of subsurface activity near sinkhole/Oxy 3 – state and parish will continue to closely observe seismic activity to advise of any sudden changes.
Air Monitoring/Sub-slab Sampling and Ventilation
– Conducting ventilation system inspections
– De-pressurizing ORW 54 (north of La 70, west of Texas Brine facility) to change out wellhead
– Monitoring bubble site 56 (Bayou Corne, north of La 70)
– Downloading transducer and tracking data from ORWs
– Repairing and building up low areas on southern containment berm
– Re-stocking sand and gravel supplies for berm maintenance/repair