Back to CODE 1 . . . all’s well, pay no attention to that helicorder behind the curtain!
UPDATE – Tuesday
We ask – are workers using these gas masks like in this 2012 photo?
Bayou Corne/Grand Bayou Response Activity
Monday, Jan. 6 work-
Sinkhole Activity Code 1 – indicating work is allowed on sinkhole and within containment berms. Seismic monitoring indicates significant decrease in levels of subsurface activity near sinkhole/Oxy 3 over past few days.
Air Monitoring/Sub-slab Sampling and Ventilation
– Conducting ventilation system inspections
– De-pressurizing ORW 54 (north of La 70, west of Texas Brine facility) to change out wellhead
– Monitoring bubble site 56 (Bayou Corne, north of La 70)
– Conducting maintenance on Maurice Road and vicinity
– Mobilizing equipment for clearing of south containment berm re-route
– Surveying containment berm settlement plates
– Re-installing survey rods on south containment berm following south berm repair
– Installing survey rods on north containment berm
– Surveying rods on north and south containment berms