It is SW from Birmingham near the Miss. border –
[CLICK ON IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE]
Lake FUBAR goes crazy after 3:45 P.M. (CST):
Thanks, Walter, for links 😉
- 3.0 quake in Alabama (report has map)
- A quake swarm in Oklahoma continues – MAP
- USGS live quake list
USGS REPORT – with MAP
Tsunami report says the threat window has passed.
Meanwhile in Japan . . .
Strange Sounds – Rare earthquake strikes Canton, Mississippi – Charleston earthquake in sight?
New York Times – Oklahoma Court Rules Homeowners Can Sue Oil Companies Over Quakes
The Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled Tuesday that homeowners who have sustained injuries or property damage from rampant earthquakes they say are caused by oil and gas operations can sue for damages in state trial courts, rejecting efforts by the industry to block such lawsuits from being decided by juries and judges.
We didn’t bother with a weekend news report since we can’t find anything to report.
There hasn’t been an accounting of Crosstex butane since November(!).
Meanwhile the helicordes continue to report non-stop instability at Bayou Corne.
Note: some updates are in the comments.
The Advocate – Plans on the table for La. 70 emergency bypass around Bayou Corne sinkhole < has map
Some quakes to note-
New DNR Inspection Report says water level inside the berm is dropping. See end of report.
Thanks to Freedomrox for tip – 😉
Well #1 – 48,533 barrels of normal butane
Well #2 – 28,862 barrels of lpg mix
So propane was sold off or moved out? LPG mix … what’s that?
Liquefied Petroleum Gas = LPG.
This example is 60% C3H8 Propane / 40% C4H10 Butane but we can’t say what “mix” Crosstex has down there. Propane is now a “mix” with butane! That sounds real safe next to a collapsing salt dome! Let’s look some more!
LPG Material Safety Data Sheet < oh! It’s highly flammable and is explosive if mixed with air!
CLICK ON IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE
The Advocate – A bump of water coming down the Mississippi River has prompted the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to start conducting twice-a-week levee inspections along the lower Mississippi River.
A standing river flood warning is continued –
...THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE FOLLOWING RIVERS IN LOUISIANA... MISSISSIPPI RIVER AT RED RIVER LANDING AFFECTING EAST BATON ROUGE...POINTE COUPEE AND WEST FELICIANA PARISHES . . . . (more)
2.3 quake in Triana, Alabama < MAP
QUESTIONS FOR HELICORDER SUBCONTRACTOR
1. Where is the updated website promised in January under Directive 1? Is Ceri it, because if so..it isn’t updated with the additional Geo Wells?
2. At what microvolt is each geophone set at, in all locations, LA10-16, and where are the large deep geophone readings.. GEOPHONE WELLS 1,2, and 3? They are in operation, yet the public is not receiving any readings…why?
3. Can the e-mail given at the top of the page get fixed? No one getting answers back.
NEW! 3.0 Quake – Alabama – on ANF map. USGS de-lists it.
- 1.3 quake Jefferson City, Tennessee < MAP
- 1.5 quake North Lilbourn, Missouri < MAP
- 2.0 quake Damascus, Arkansas < MAP
- 2.4 frack-quake Luther, Oklahoma < MAP < last 10 frack-quakes there
- 1.4 quake Centerville, S. Carolina < MAP
And the big magnitude quakes on the south side of the Gulf of Mexico continue – – –
More on earthquakes on the south side of the Gulf of Mexico.
See Radioactive Chat for the live maps.